Monday, January 24, 2011

Starting the New Year



Everyone begins the new year in a different way. Some make resolutions to improve their lives in one way or another; others may throw out the old year of disappointments and bring in the new year with a celebration. After celebrating so many new year days over so many years, this year was different. Minutes after the clock struck midnight, New Years Eve, bending down on one knee, I asked my Svetlana to be my wife. As I slipped a ring on her finger, she smiled and said, “Of course I will, my Mark.”

I have been looking for my Sveta for a very long time. She is more than I had imagined, but that is how it is when God provides. Sveta is a wonderful woman with many fine qualities. Most of all, she loves God first, me second, and the children of Ukraine third. Yes, what a blessing it is to marry a woman who wants to work by my side, helping the children of Ukraine improve their lives and learn about how God loves them.

Sveta also has a background in massage, wanting to use her knowledge to broaden the outreach of our work. As you can read in the newsletters and the MUCH website, massage for children with disabilities is a big part of our outreach. In the meantime, she practices her medical massage skills on me, having some similar needs as the children.

If our great adventure interests you, please follow our newsletter by clicking on the MUCH Newletters link on this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment